WAZA Invites Bids for the 80th Annual Conference
WAZA invites its Institution Members in good standing to submit bids for the 80th WAZA Annual Conference to be held in late October/early November 2025. Please download the conference guide for details regarding the requirements for hosting a WAZA Conference.
Interested member institutions are required to submit the following:
- The application form
- A letter of interest from your institution stating the motivation to host the conference. The letter must be signed by the Director or CEO of the WAZA member institution.
- A letter of interest from your city stating the motivation to host the conference.
- A short PowerPoint presentation or video (maximum 2 minutes) in support of the bid
- Application process: 14 February to 15 May 2024
- Initial review of applications by WAZA Office: May 2024
- Evaluation of shortlisted applications by WAZA Council: June 2024
- Announcement of 2025 Conference Host: June 2024
Shortlisted bidders might be invited for a virtual bid presentation to the WAZA Council in June.
Members are encouraged to apply early so that the WAZA Office can review the submissions and confirm if they are valid in due time.
The deadline for submissions is 17.00 CEST (GMT +2) on 15 May 2024. Please submit your enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.