As the unifying organisation for the global zoo and aquarium community, WAZA promotes cooperation and collaboration between zoological gardens and aquariums and facilitates coordination between national and regional associations. WAZA encourages the highest standards in member institutions.
WAZA accepts membership applications in four categories: Associations, Institutions, Affiliates and Corporations.
- Strengthened organisation through collaborative action and information sharing
- Enhanced image and increased visibility through WAZA communication tools
- Benefit from the coordination of population management across regions
- Learn more about international conservation policies
- Access information and resources produced by WAZA
- Eligibility to apply for WAZA grants including the Nature Connect Programme
How to become a WAZA Member
WAZA members are regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to providing the highest standards of care and striving to achieve the most in conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.
If you are interested in becoming a WAZA member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and application documents.
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.