Zoological Director - Worldwide Zoo Consultants
Posted: 19 January 2023 | Full-Time | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Worldwide Zoo Consultants is a global leader in the creation, development, and management of a wide variety of specialized animal facilities and projects. From Zoological Parks, Public Aquariums, and Animal Sanctuaries, to living museums and immersive animal-based education centers.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical leader who will join our senior management team. You will be responsible for leading the company’s regional operations (managing the projects department, associated budgets, staffing, ensuring animal welfare standards and operational compliance is followed, whilst in-line with contractual obligations).
- Measure the effectiveness of all processes (budget, operations, and management, etc.)
- Lead and develop the operational and projects team, providing support, knowledge and guidance
- Assist with the development, including design and planning, of new facilities and projects both internally and externally with other companies, both the animal components as well as the technical aspects; this will include but not limited to animal interaction programs, aquariums, marine mammal facilities, and zoological parks.
- Develop and prepare project proposals, operational guidelines for animal care and facility training initiatives
- Develop and maintain company documents, including policies and procedures, employee handbooks and forms and databases for all departments, including Administration, Animal Health and Training and Maintenance to ensure the company stays at the forefront of the animal care industry.
- Ensure regular contact, visits and reports are received and managed throughout the various projects and/or sites.
- Coordinate cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Manage and drive the performance in all projects, utilizing the support for your projects team to ensure the facilities and animals under the company’s care are in good health.
- Work in collaboration with company Managers and Supervisors to ensure facility is operating efficiently and standards are maintained.
- Workplace will be dependent upon the company’s projects and some travel outside the UAE may be required.
- Develop and maintain branding guidelines to ensure consistency in brand use.
- Ensure all regular reports to the client are submitted as scheduled, including supplemental materials.
- Oversee and assist with greeting and directing visitors who come to the facility and liaise with outside contractors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related discipline 5 -10 years of relevant experience
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail and be proactive, self-motivated, independent, a problem solver, and be able to work with intermittent guidance.
- Computer literate (MS Office) proficiency with computers and current software applications.
- High school or college level course work desirable with good academic science background.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in animal husbandry, management, and training with emphasis on program development and guest interactions.
- Practical experience in managing an animal collection and animal care staff is essential.
- Tax Free Salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance related bonus incentives
how to apply
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.