Wildlife Health Bridge Administrator- ZSL
Posted: 9 August 2023| Full-Time, Permanent| London
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for ZSL’s postgraduate taught courses and wild animal alumni hosted under the Wildlife Health Bridge (WHB) ensuring their effective delivery over the course of the academic year. The role will include working with a range of domestic and international partners to facilitate the delivery of theoretical and practical course content related to wild animal health and biology.
Position: Wildlife Health Bridge Administrator, IOZ, Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: £27,808 (Inclusive of London weighting) per annum
Location: IOZ Regents Park & International travel
- Provide field, logistical, and administrative support to tutors and students on our postgraduate courses, both domestic and international.
- To work with module leaders to produce timetables (MSc WAB/WAH) and course programmes (IWAH) by necessary deadlines
- Carry out the timely collation and distribution of course education materials, both in person and online via relevant educational platforms.
- Provide support to module leaders, tutors, and students in booking transport and accommodation and sourcing equipment, rooms, and other resources for the effective delivery of their module, both domestic and internationally.
- Be educated to BSc degree level in wildlife health, zoology, education or related subject area, or equivalent qualification, or demonstrate such a level of equivalent qualifications and experience through relevant practical work experience.
- Proven experience delivering content to strict deadlines
- Advanced skills in using MS office packages, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word or equivalent software packages will be acceptable
- Outstanding attention to detail with regards to timings and written communications
We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and celebrate the value of having a team of employees with diverse skills, experiences, and heritage. We are committed to ensuring our teams can bring their authentic selves to work without fear of discrimination. ZSL has active equality networks for our staff with lived experience and those who provide active allyship in Race and Culture, Team Pride, Disability Network, and Menopause Network, complemented by our strategic EDI Steering Group.
At ZSL, we are proud of our approach to employee benefits. Our benefits include:
- Our vision and purpose – you’ll work alongside colleagues who are passionate about science-led conservation, knowing that you will help us to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wildlife going extinct
- Pension scheme - we offer a generous pension scheme with up to 12% contributory pension.
- Flexible working – talk to us about your flexible working requirements and we will do everything we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
- Holidays – 25 days annual leave allowance, plus UK bank holidays
- Wellbeing – access to a blended programme of wellbeing initiatives, including confidential access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Complimentary tickets – annual allocation of Whipsnade Zoo and London Zoo tickets, with a 30% discount in online and retail shops
- Cycle2Work – our cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle
- Season ticket loan – we offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work
- Family friendly policies – we offer enhanced maternity and paternity packages
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.