Project Manager- Cheetah Conservation Fund
Posted: 20 September 2023| Full-Time| Somaliland
Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF) is the oldest and longest-running programme dedicated to cheetah research, education and conservation. CCF is growing, and we are actively seeking adventurous people with great dedication and a passion for wildlife to join our staff.
CCF is currently seeking a full-time Project Manager for its cheetah rehabilitation facilities in Geed Deeble, Somaliland. The facilities provide housing and veterinary care for cheetah cubs confiscated by government authorities from the illegal wildlife trade. The position supervises a team of veterinarians, vet techs, cheetah keepers and a part-time bookkeeper. The Project Manager oversees all operations of the CRCC (Cheetah Research and Conservation Centre), interfaces with the government, and represents the project to local stakeholders.
- Reporting to and partnering closely with the Director to achieve the organisation’s mission and vision in Somaliland.
- Leading on-site operational functions such as Administration & HR, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Care, Awareness and Education to help stop illegal wildlife pet trade, and Facility Construction and maintenance.
- Working with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to optimise operational systems, develop tracking and reporting processes and tools, information flow, business process improvement as well as organisational planning.
- Strategic planning and management for facility and business development.
- Overseeing organisation communications and branding strategies to ensure consistency and quality with CCF communications and Illegal Wildlife Trafficking team.
- Representing organisation at meetings with government partners and local stakeholders.
- Supervising construction and improvement projects relating to physical operations.
- Preparing technical and administrative reports.
- Other duties assigned by the Director.
- 3 years of experience in business or project management, preferably with a conservation program in Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related fields, MBA is desirable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English.
- Very good problem solving and decision-making skills as well as a strategic-thinking personality.
- Ability to lead and motivate people.
- High level of responsibility and personal drive.
- Willingness to relocate to Geed Deeble, Somaliland.
- Driver’s license with good driving record and ability to operate vehicles with manual transmission.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent in written and spoken English.
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.