Project Manager - Cheetah Conservation Fund Somaliland
Posted: 11 March 2020 | Full-Time | Hargeisa, Somaliland
CHEETAH CONSERVATION FUND (CCF) is the oldest and longest-running program dedicated to cheetah research, education and conservation. CCF is growing, and we are actively seeking adventurous people with great dedication and a passion for wildlife to join our staff.
CCF is currently seeking a full-time PROJECT MANAGER for its cheetah rehabilitation facilities in Hargeisa, Somaliland. The facilities provide housing and veterinary care for cheetah cubs confiscated by government authorities from the illegal wildlife trade. Position supervises team of veterinarians, vet techs cheetah keepers and a part-time bookkeeper. Project Manager administers operations of two cheetah care facilities and one staff housing unit, interfaces with the government, and represents the project to local stakeholders.
- Leading on-site operational functions such as Administration & HR, Marketing, Visitor Service and Education
- Working with functional teams to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to optimize operational systems, developing tracking and reporting processes and tools, information flow, business process improvement as well as organizational planning
- Strategic planning and management for business/tourism development. Responsible for overall business goals
- Overseeing organization communications and branding strategies to ensure consistency and quality
- Reporting to and partnering closely with the Director to achieve the organization’s mission and vision
- Representing organization at meetings with government partners and local stakeholders
- Supervising construction and improvement projects relating to physical operations
- Preparing technical and administrative reports
- 5 years of experience in business or project management, preferably with a conservation program in Africa
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related fields, MBA is desirable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English
- Very good problem solving and decision-making skills as well as a strategic-thinking personality
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- High level of responsibility and personal drive
- Willingness to relocate to Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Driver’s license with good driving record and ability to operate vehicles with manual transmission
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent in written and spoken English
Salary plus benefits; local housing and meals provided. One round-trip airfare ticket for each
six-months of continuous employment, or two trip tickets per calendar year.
Please send your CV in English as a PDF with a cover letter and include your salary range expectation and either three (3) letters of recommendation or three (3) references (name, title, phone number and email address). Please indicate the date you are available to start and the country issuing your passport.
How to Apply
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.