Director of Animal Training
Posted: 4 June 2019 | Full-Time | United Arab Emirates
zoOceanarium Group specializes in developing and operating world class aquariums, zoos and nature-based science centers. We provide services from concept design to managing daily operations and everything in between. With employees from all over the globe, zoOceanarium Group consists of animal care specialists, animal trainers, veterinarians, design specialists, project managers and operational staff.
zoOceanarium Group is continuing to expand their team and looking to recruit a talented Director of Animal Training for an exciting facility in the United Arab Emirates. You will develop & implement training programs, as well as manage daily operations. Experience training marine mammals and terrestrial animals is preferred. Managerial experience is required.
- Manage training content that is engaging, dynamic and educational.
- Oversee training schedules and times lines for program animals.
- Manage the animal behaviors through training using primarily positive reinforcement.
- Liaise with clients and the executive team while following company standards.
- Ensure animal welfare, training techniques and handling guidelines are as per our company standards.
- Manage a team of animal trainers during development stages and ongoing operations
- Manage the training of program animals.
- Educate, motivate and engage training staff.
- Develop scripts and SOPs.
- Competitive salary with housing stipend.
- 26 days of vacation plus 10 to 14 public holidays per year.
- One round trip flight to your home country every year, after the completion of 2 years.
- Company covers all work permits, residence visas & health insurance.
- Fantastic opportunity for career growth.
- +5 years management experience – managing teams.
- Experience working with marine mammals essential.
- Experience with training animals of various species is essential.
- Good organizational, communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Please send a one-page cover letter with your resume to email@example.com
How to apply:
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.