Animal Curator – Worldwide Zoo Consultants
Posted: 18 October 2021 | Full-Time | Worldwide Zoo Consultants | Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Worldwide Zoo Consultants is a global leader in the creation, development and management of a wide variety of specialized animal facilities and projects. From Zoological Parks, Public Aquariums and Animal Sanctuaries, to living museums and immersive animal-based education centers.
Worldwide Zoo Consultants is continuing to expand their team and looking to recruit a talented Carnivore Keeper for an exciting facility in Saudi Arabia. You will be responsible for the day-to-day husbandry operations at the ESBP. Primary responsibilities include the care and wellbeing of Arabian Leopard collection, maintenance of all the habitats, and a positive, hardworking approach within the Carnivore Department.
- Undertake daily operations to ensure highest level of safety, courtesy, efficiency and operational readiness at all times.
- Maintain positive representation to professional agencies, institutions and various committees.
- Compliance with health and safety standards in accordance with local municipality rules and regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic animal records on animal health, animal collection specimen, animal behavior, (including enrichment use) diets, daily reports, timecards, facility correspondence and technical reports.
- Source and identify primary and secondary suppliers for animal feed.
- Ensure procurement of animal feed supplies.
- Maintain regular stock of animal feed for at least a month in advance.
- Coordinate alternative animal food supplies in case of food shortage, unavailability or delivery delays.
- Share electronic summary of the animal records with the Captive Breeding Manager on a monthly basis.
- Handle all data management with confidentiality.
- Assist the Conservation Manager in creating staff schedules.
- Assist the Conservation Manager to arrange for repair services of animal fencing when required.
- Assist the Conservation Manager to develop and implement policy and procedure documents.
- Assist in emergency situations to minimize damage, loss or injury to guests, team members, animals or company property.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Housing stipend
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills within the English language and must be able to conduct themselves in a professional, positive manner with co-workers and guests.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be proactive, self-motivated, independent, a problem solver and be able to work with intermittent guidance; also calls for flexibility and the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Computer literate (MS Office) proficiency with computers and ZIMS software applications.
- High school or college level course work desirable with
Please send a one-page cover letter with your resume to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.