Posted: 26 May 2023| Full-Time | Barcelona, Spain
Deadline of Application: 24 July 2023
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is seeking a dedicated, and creative individual to join as Communications Intern to support the Communications Coordinator in promoting key messages and disseminate information through a variety of media on behalf of WAZA and its members.
The support will be provided in all aspects of internal and external communications for WAZA and its members, in collaboration with the WAZA Executive Office and other relevant stakeholders, and will monitor global events, both to identify areas of opportunity and areas of concern.
The Communications Intern will also support in the creation and implementation of strategies designed to showcase the work of WAZA and its members and raise the general appreciation of the global progressive zoo and aquarium community.
The Communications Intern will also support other departments as needed.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com before 24 July, 2023.
Employment type: Full time internship 3-6months
Salary: 1100 Euro Gross per month + 200 Euro Restaurant Ticket per month
Posts responsible to: Communications Coordinator (if Communications Coordinator is not available then reports to CEO)
Key Accountabilities/Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the management of WAZA’s social media channels, optimising reach via social media measurements and analytics
- Assist with social media communication, including writing and scheduling posts and creating graphics
- Support the development and/or collaborations in communications campaigns such as Reverse the Red
- Support the writing and issuing of the weekly electronic newsletter and member announcements
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and assist with general administrative tasks as needed
Desired Education and Experience:
- A university degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a related area.
- Experience in both internal and external communication
- Interest in the zoo and aquarium community, and issues related to wildlife conservation, animal welfare, and sustainability
- Excellent writing, grammatical and editing skills in English
- Experience in digital content production for social media communications assets
- Knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp, social media scheduling tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including excel and power point
- Good inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated and fast learner
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Willing to work within a small team and be flexible to support the team
other useful information
- The primary language of WAZA is English, and the WAZA Communications Intern must be proficient in spoken and written English. Other languages will be advantageous.
- The selected candidate must have the right to work in Spain and will be required to work in the Barcelona office
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.