Chief Conservation and Science Officer - Texas State Aquarium
Posted: 27 June 2022 | Texas State Aquarium | 2710 N. Shoreline Blvd. | Corpus Christi, TX | 78402
Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea.
The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Director of The Texas State Aquarium Institute for Wildlife Conservation.
- Provide overall direction for the animal care, veterinary, and conservation programs.
- Plan, direct, monitor, and evaluate the work of assigned areas.
- Implement the development of long range
and annual goals; evaluate and report progress towards goals.
- Ensure facility operates at a high level of performance.
- Strategic oversight of the selection, training, development,
appraisal, and work assignments of assigned personnel.
- Attend and participate in professional groups
to stay abreast of current information and innovations in conservation, aquariums and
animal care operations.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the in situ and ex
situ conservation initiatives.
- Coordinate biological research initiatives with appropriate animal care divisions.
Master’s degree or equivalent; ten years of related experience and / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.