Administrative Assistant (English speaker) – WAZA
Posted: 4 May 2022 | Full-Time | Barcelona, Spain
Overview and Job Purpose
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, creative, English-speaking individual to serve as Administrative Assistant to support the WAZA Executive Office with a range of administrative tasks described but not limited to those below.
- Support in administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc
- Answering phone calls, schedule meetings and support visitors
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Preparing logistics and documents for meetings and conferences
- Help with travel arrangements
- Coordinating office supplies
- Help with organisation of office archives
- Occasionally proof-reading and taking meeting minutes
- Other administrative tasks
Key Skills / Knowledge
- Fluent in spoken and written English (native or highly proficient) is a must. Writing, editing and proofreading skills in English. Other languages will be advantageous.
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong organisational skills and attention to details required
- Background/education in office tasks, administration, secretary, finance, or related fields an advantage
- Good inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated and fast learner
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Willing to work within a small team and be flexible to support the team
- Interested in learning about different subjects
- Committed to the protection of the environment and an animal lover
- Interested in the zoo and aquarium community, and issues related to wildlife conservation, animal welfare, and sustainability
Interested applicant please send CV to email@example.com.
The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) is the global alliance of regional associations, national federations, zoos and aquariums, dedicated to the care and conservation of animals and their habitats around the world.