69th Annual Conference- New Delhi, India
The 69th WAZA Annual Conference and Technical Congress 2014 will take place in New Delhi, India, 2-6 November 2014.
Click here to access the conference's website: WAZA 2014 New Delhi
The conference will take place at "The Ashok - New Delhi", hotel and conference center, set upon 25 acres of prime land in the capital's diplomatic area, it symbolizes the traditional grandeur and hospitality of India. Ever since its inception in 1956 to host India's First International event-UNESCO conference.
The Ashok has been setting standards, not only in conference handling but also as fantastic host for state guests and VVIP's.
Its is located in Diplomatic Enclave , Chanakya puri, New Delhi in the heart of City centre -the capital of India. 2 km from Rastrapati Bhavan (Presidential Palace),1km from International Airport;10km from domestic airport and 9kms from railway station.
The general theme of the conference is "Biodiversity is us" - reflecting the Decade on Biodiversity.
The following keynote speakers will be present:
- Joel Sartore (National Geographic)
- R. K. Pachauri (Director General of TERI- The Energy and Resources Institute and chairman of IPCC the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Nobel Prize winner in 2007)
- Priya Ranjan Sinha (tiger expert, former director of Wildlife Institute of India and currently IUCN representative)
Call for Papers:
Contributions are especially sought for the following more overarching topics:
- The role of zoos in biodiversity conservation
- The role of aquariums in biodiversity conservation
- The zoo and aquarium community as partner in biodiversity conservation: what we do and how we are seen
- Animal welfare and biodiversity conservation: two sides of a coin?
- Outreach to zoo and aquarium visitors - new approaches
- CEPA (Communication, Education and Public Awareness) and zoos and aquariums
Early bird rate is available from 15 April to 15 July
Regular rate is available from 16 July to 16 September
Late rate is available from17 September to 25 October;
From October 25th: registration is closed
The link for registration and accommodation will be ready soon...
The following trips will be offered, before or after the conference:
- Assam State Zoo, Guwahatiwith Kaziranga National Park/Pigmy hog Breeding Centre at Vasistha, Guwahati, Assam.
- Sakkarbaug Zoo, Junagadhwith Gir National Park, Gujarat
- Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand.
- Agra Bear Rescue Facility - Taj Mahal - Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens, Mysore with Nagarhole National Park/ Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
- Nandankanan Biological Park, Bhubaneshwar, Odishawith Chilika Lake/Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Odisha.
- Day time tour in Delhi for shopping/cultural/ historical sites.