How To Join
At a global level, the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums unites zoological gardens, aquariums, national and regional associations and zoo-related or like-minded organisations.
Who can become a member of WAZA
Members of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums shall be zoological gardens, aquariums, national and regional associations and zoo-related organisations willing to abide by the Bylaws and all other rules and regulations of the Association.
In order to start the membership process, two Sponsors must be found who sign the Nomination Form. They must be current voting members of WAZA who are preferably from your country or region, but do not serve on the Membership Committee.
The WAZA membership implies that your institution will endeavour to keep a high standard of:
- husbandry and veterinary care
- participation in coordinated species management programmes
- contribution on relevant scientific studies
- compliance with national and international legislation
- maintenance of animal record systems
- environmental education programmes
- conservation activities
- ethical guidelines
- support of regional and national associations
For more information about WAZA membership, please contact our Executive Office: email@example.com